Saturday, April 7, 2012

4 Week Update

Holy moly - my baby is a month old! In his first month of life, he'll already have celebrated two holidays - St. Patrick's Day and Easter (tomorrow). I tried to get Andrew to let me dye his milk green for St. Patty's day, but that was a no-go. Tee hee! :) Today he is gearing up for Easter celebrations by wearing his "Team Jellybean" onesie from Gramma!
All about Davis - 4 weeks:

Likes: EATING, bouncing in his new bouncy seat, lifting his head while on your chest, staring longingly into your eyes, bath time (usually), walks in his stroller, being held, and looking at himself in the mirror (he seriously LOVES himself) - see:

Dislikes: being hungry/waiting for a bottle, being in the car seat but not moving anywhere, photo shoots, wearing bunny ears for pictures, getting his clothes changed, shopping (he cried and made me hold him the entire time during our shopping trip to Target)

Other news: Davis had his very first play date!! Last Saturday he got to meet his future best friend - Cooper! They were sooo adorable together. Cooper is 8 days younger than Davis and about 1 1/2 lbs smaller; however, he spent most of the play date punching Davis in the face - LOL! Davis didn't seem to mind though...just stared curiously at Cooper for the majority of the play date. He did get in a few good retaliation punches there towards the end though. After their little staring-fest on the floor, they had an Easter arts & crafts session. Here is one example of his super cute footprint art:
(It's a bunny and a chicken if you couldn't tell! Also, I found that his ridiculously long toes make perfect blades of grass!)

Latest Claim to Fame: As you can see in the mirror picture, he's starting to smile!! I take credit for what I consider his first "real" smile - not just gas. On multiple occasions, he has smiled when I stick my tongue out at him. I think he even tries to mimic me sometimes, but then again, I'm also one of those moms that thinks my baby is mini-Einstein, so probably not. Oh well. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment