Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Glamorous Life

Being a parent is oh so glamorous! I hope you can sense my sarcasm. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but glamorous is certainly not an adjective that should ever be used to describe it. Ever.

For example, as I type this I am still in my pjs (it's 1:10 pm) that have dried spit-up on them and I'm pretty sure there's some in my hair too. It will also take me twice as long to type this because I only have one hand available at the moment - trying to keep a pacifier in with the other. As a parent, I now obsess over odd things. I sent a text to a mommy friend this morning stating, "I have an OCD-like obsession with getting boogers out of Davis' nose." When did picking someone else's nose become cool? March 5 at 3:31 pm, that's when! Seriously, I hate for him to have boogers in his nose. I spend a sizable chunk of time during the day suctioning, wiping, and scratching crusties out of/off of his nose. I know this is completely disgusting but it's my life these days. Yesterday, I sucked out his first "real" booger - not just snot so what did I do?? Took a picture and sent it to Andrew! He really appreciated it - especially because it was about a hour after I sent him a picture of Davis' massive blow-out in his bouncy seat. *It dripped a trail from the living room to his changing table, by the way.* Poor kid had a gooey kind of day yesterday and I got the pleasure of cleaning it all. Glamorous, right?

Also, I've noticed as parents, we get really excited about poo. The other day I was getting ready (I know - shocking!) and I hear Andrew yell, "Erin! Come in here!" So I go trotting into the nursery thinking something is wrong and upon arrival Andrew said, "Look at the size of this poo!" It was quite impressive and I appreciated the invitation for the viewing. We also cheer when Davis does a stinky - lets us know everything is working its way through properly. I would be concerned about myself except that I know I'm not alone. It's a parent thing. Here's a text from my friend, Andrea, from today: "Brad (her hubs) always asks for poop updates. She took a dump this morning I don't think Brad or I is capable of! I had to Lysol her room twice because it smelled so bad!"

See? I'm not alone. We share these disgusting tidbits with each other all day. It's nice not having to be so incredibly glamorous all by myself.

** I would attach the blow-out and booger pictures, but I realize that not everyone is a parent and therefore not interested in seeing them. You just wait though...I'll be happy to send them along for anyone's viewing pleasure. Just ask! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment