Monday, May 28, 2012

12 Week Update

12 weeks?! Really? I can't believe my baby is a whole trimester old! :) He is getting to be so animated and really developing a little personality - it's so fun to see how he changes everyday. Literally - he does something new everyday! So like I mentioned in an earlier post about not wanting to take weekly maternity pictures because I knew I'd miss a week and it would drive me crazy...I've missed one of my two week marks - the 10 week update. Yes, it's driving me crazy and I considered abandoning the idea all together, but decided that I must push through this. I can't be a quitter - what kind of example would I be setting for my son?!

Davis - 12 weeks:

Likes: when daddy tickles his chunky thighs (seriously, I've never heard him laugh so loud!), sitting like a big boy in his Bumbo seat (he starts smiling sooo big!), watching tv (I know, I'm a bad mother), staring at the lights and listening to the music on his starfish, trying to mimic facial expressions - especially sticking his tongue out, doing "sit-ups" using our hands to pull himself up, dancing around and singing with mommy (Bob Marley is always a favorite), staring at his hands, and being swaddled to sleep, which is the weirdest thing because he HATED this from birth until about 2 weeks ago.

Dislikes: still very impatient while waiting for a bottle - he screams like he hasn't eaten in days (even though it's only been about 3 hours), waking up from a nap only to realize he's in his car seat, sand in his toes (figured this out at the beach this week), tummy time, when mommy disturbs him to take pictures while he's trying to watch Sports Center...see the annoyance:

Other news: Davis took his very first vacation this week! We traveled to the Outer Banks - Corolla, NC and stayed at the beach for a week. He was incredibly good on the 14 hour drive. On the way there, he only cried for maybe a total of 20 minutes. The way home wasn't as great, but still pretty impressive for a 3 month old! He loved getting to meet Uncle Matthew and spending lots of QT with Mimi and Grandpa! This was also his very first time at the beach. (I know, Andrew and I feel like failures as Floridians that our son's first time at the beach was in North Carolina!)
Latest Claim to Fame: Sitting in his Bumbo - he's got some serious head/neck control! What a big boy!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment