Monday, May 7, 2012

8 Week Update

Two months already!? It's really hard to believe! The first month absolutely flew by and then the second month seemed to drag a little, but thinking back on it, it seems like just yesterday I was in bed eating a blueberry muffin wondering if my water broke or if I slowly losing control of my bladder. Oh the memories...

Davis - 8 weeks:

Likes: smiling, mimicking me when I stick out my tongue, laughing, when Bear licks his toes, laying on his aquarium mat and kicking his ball, still LOVES staring at himself in the mirror, splashing/kicking his feet in the tub

Dislikes: getting out of the bath tub, still has no patience and hates waiting for a bottle to heat, when his pacifier falls out, his bassinet (he refused to sleep in it anymore at about 7 weeks)

Other News: I had been noticing that he seemed uncomfortable and in pain - usually after he ate. I passed it off as being extremely gassy, but after weeks of gas drops, pumping his legs, and massaging his belly, it didn't seem to be getting any better. Actually, it was getting worse. Long story short, we went to see the pediatrician about it and she diagnosed him with acid reflux. :( Poor baby. Immediately, I felt like a terrible mother for waiting so long to take him in. I was "afraid" to be that overly protective/paranoid first-time mom - I figured I was overreacting. Shame on me. However, the doctor said it wasn't too bad and that in her opinion, all babies have some form of reflux - just differs in severity. She prescribed him Zantac that he takes twice a day. Aside from him hating the minty flavor and making some serious scrunchy faces, it has worked like magic! No more screaming, high-pitched squealing, arching his back, waking up from dead sleeps to cry for 2-3 minutes! Let's hope it continues to work! It's also really fun to watch people's reaction when I tell them that, like a 60 year old man, my baby takes Zantac.

Happier news - Davis has just been introduced to his teddy! He seems to like it so far!


Latest Claim to Fame: At the pediatrician's office at 7 weeks old, Davis weighed a whopping...13 lbs! At 2 weeks old, he was 9 lbs 12 oz and in the 78th percentile for his age. Now? He's in the 96th percentile! Tee hee! My baby is such an over-achiever!

No comments:

Post a Comment