Saturday, March 24, 2012

2 Week Update

Our little munchkin is in his second week of life...Monday will be 3 weeks! I can't believe it - it has gone by so fast! I think a lot of that is attributed to the fact that we were in the hospital for five days dealing with his jaundice. Those five days all ran together and felt like one extremely long day. I'm so glad that is all behind us - aside from a little bit of yellow left in his little eyeballs, but the pediatrician isn't concerned.

In the past two weeks we've had a lot of developments! He already seems like such a different baby than the day he was born - or even the day we brought him home. In order to remember some of these hectic, early days, I'm going to use this blog!

All about Davis - 2 weeks:

Likes: EATING, sleeping on chests, riding in the Mamaroo (or his "spaceship" as Andrew calls it), looking at himself in the mirror on his penguin during tummy time, pats on the back, and perfecting his Blue Steel face (as seen here)

Dislikes: waking up and not having a bottle ready immediately, being naked, diaper changes, Huggies wipes (ugh - first diaper rash!)

Other News: Davis is up to 9 lbs 12 oz (as of 4 days ago) - that's a whole pound over his birth weight. The pediatrician said he's definitely a healthy boy, as they usually give newborns 2 weeks to get back to their birth weight and he's already back to it and added another whole pound on top of it! He's also in the 78th percentile for height and weight. His pediatrician also commented on his extremely long fingers/toes and big feet - said he was going to take after his daddy.

Latest Claim to Fame: During tummy time, Davis lifted and turned his head a record FOUR times back and forth - and quite gracefully I might add! He also has a lot more control lifting his head while on our chests - even on the way down. So pretty much I'm saying he's going to be walking in like three days because he's sooooo advanced. (LOL - just kidding - I told myself I wouldn't be one of "those moms"...but I also said I wouldn't be frumpy and we all know how that's going!)

No comments:

Post a Comment