Sunday, March 4, 2012

D-Day Looming...

To steal the phrase from my MIL, "tomorrow is D-Day - Davis' Due Date"! Maybe he'll be one of the few babies actually born on their due dates, but I'm not thinking so. Needless to say, I have not been feeling baby-ish at all. I'm hoping it will all sneak up on me tonight or tomorrow morning but I'm preparing for the worst...a stubborn baby. (I know I'm being dramatic - it's definitely not the worst thing that could be happening) However, I've been working hard to get things moving along - testing out all of these crazy old wives' tales. For example, I've heard that you should start a new project because as soon as you do, the baby will come and interrupt your plans....well, I started redecorating the guest bathroom a few days ago and will be putting the finishing touches (a few more accessories) on it tomorrow because Andrew hung my shelves up today. So that was unsuccessful. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she "did her thing" to try to help things along...lots of discomfort and hours of cramping...4 days later - nothing. Unsuccessful. Taking the advice from some new mommy friends, I've been doing squats everyday. Maybe successful in toning up this rear, but as far as baby time goes...unsuccessful.

Most recently, my friend Heather came over this morning and we went on a nice brisk walk. Even met another pregnant lady on our trip - she's due in  5 weeks and I swear, if she has her baby before me, I will lose my mind. The walk did nothing but give me a cramp in my calf because I'm incredibly out of shape. When I got home, my husband proceeded to make fun of me about only being gone 20 minutes and it being the most exercise I've had in quite a while. Jerk. :) Another "trick" I decided to try was eating a whole pineapple...
It's been about 2 hours since I completed this feat and nada. Next up on the list (and one that I'm actually kind of looking forward to) is coming at the request of my dad. According to his favorite radio station, this is a sure-fire way to induce labor.

Kraft macaroni and cheese (must be the blue box!) and A1 Steak Sauce. The instructions are quite specific. The mac-and-cheese must be picked up and bought by my baby daddy. He also must make it and serve it to me...I'm liking this already. I can put as much or as little A1 on it as I want to, but the more the better! This will be happening Tuesday because it also "won't work" until after your due date passes. We shall see.

Also, in the past week, I've had hot wings, fajitas, and Chinese food - all of which are supposed to help....good thing eating is one of my favorite hobbies! On the schedule for tomorrow...D-Day...pedicures with my MIL. Let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. I will be crossing my fingers for sure! Definitely ask the person who does your pedicure to massage that spot that is supposed to induce labor. :) It will happen soon enough! If Davis doesn't decide to come before then, have a great time with Donna tomorrow!! Wish I could have joined you but I need to save my leave for later!!

    ReplyDelete