Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Arranged Marriage

Today I am officially 12 days from my due date! Yay! Please, hold the "first babies are always late" comments - not what I want to hear right now as I am getting increasingly uncomfortable by the day. This is also the fourth week of my maternity leave - yes, I started a tad early because I was afraid of 1) waddling around miserably at work and 2) my water breaking at school and scarring my poor students for life. In these four weeks, I've been busy practicing being a stay-at-home-mom - cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping - you know, everything besides having an actual child to take care of 24 hours a day. Anyway, on one of my "breaks" today, I was catching up with a fellow SAHM - my friend, Andrea - via text. Andrea is always good for a laugh and I definitely needed some today. Of course, we got to talking about her gorgeous model-baby daughter, Allie Grace (my model in the "Practice Makes Perfect" post). It started out with how AG is teething now, which naturally led into her dating Davis one day. :) That's normal, right??

So after a few texts back and forth of us planning their wedding, it really got me thinking...my sweet (I'm assuming he'll be sweet) little boy is going to get married one day! This brought on a whole new wave of anxiety - what if the girl is a floozy, what if she makes him choose between her and his momma, what if her family is no fun, what if she doesn't like me, what if she's just awful in general?! This is a lot to deal with and he's not even born yet! Of course, my MIL really lucked out with a gem of a DIL like me (haha!), but what if I'm not so lucky?? There is only one solution to this problem and that solution is: an arranged marriage. So, with this post, I am officially asking (on behalf of Davis) for Allie Grace's hand in marriage.

3 comments:

  1. First babies are NOT always late, Stephanie was right on time. Lissa on the other hand was quite late ... due December 5, born on the 21st!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes - Melissa was really late! I was 11 days late and I was #2..I think Jason was early though!

      Delete
    2. Jason was only early because he was induced early! :D

      Delete