Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Post-Pregnancy Plans

Woop woop - only 5 days until my due date!! I'm trying to be as lazy as possible (and it's just oh so terrible...) today in hopes of not having a baby - Leap Day. Is it called Leap Day or just Leap Year? I digress...so with only 5-12 days left, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my post-pregnancy plans. Most of these "big plans" have been in the making (in my head) for the last 9 months and revolve around food. So here is my "Post-Pregnancy Inspiration Board":

1. I want to become Kelly Ripa. Seriously, what is not to love about this woman!? She's beautiful, hilarious, dresses fabulously, has an amazing body, and is a mom but remains super stylish.

2. I must eat ahi tuna from Outback immediately. Not just any ol' tuna will do - it must be from Outback. The crust..the sauce...mmmm...my mouth is watering as I type.

3. Sushi!! Especially a volcano roll from Sushi Ninja - a little hole in the wall place in Brandon next to the Wal-Mart. Seriously, you would see the outside and never think of going in, but would be oh so thankful if I dragged you in there!

4. All I have wanted throughout this pregnancy is a cold turkey sandwich. I've been banned from them due to the risk of listeria - although my soon to be med school grad BIL says my chances of getting listeria are laughably low. I must confess - I've cheated 3 times with this one - oops. 3 times in 9 months isn't that bad though - considering I've craved them almost everyday!

5. Is it possible to crave an experience?? I have soooo been craving being at the beach, watching the waves, with an ice cold Corona in hand. I will be investing in a UV-protection umbrella for Davis.

6. Holy moly - I have missed shopping so much! Yes, I've gone shopping throughout my pregnancy, but it's just not the same. People look at you weird when you try to shop in "regular" stores, everyone stops you and wants to carry on a conversation, and it's just not as fun spending money on maternity clothes. I've had gift cards since Christmas and they are burning a hole in my pocket!

(case in point: I was at HomeGoods yesterday and an older gentleman stopped me, started with the line "Hey - you're pregnant!" Then proceeded to tell me all about his 23 year old son who has 2 kids already and they used to live with him, but then his son got a job and moved out of his house, which made him lose his job as a full-time grandpa. Seriously guy - I just wanted to look at washcloths.)

7. In order to look like Kelly Ripa, I realize I'll need to work out. I really want to get enrolled in some yoga or pilates classes. My sweet SIL did give me a Baby & Me Yoga DVD, so I'll definitely be giving that a try!

8. Bayshore! I suppose if you're not in the Tampa area, you won't understand; however, I want to be a Bayshore mom. My friend, Heather, and I have been talking about having babies and becoming a Bayshore mom forever! Basically, we will be stay-at-home-moms and meet everyday to push our babies in strollers around Bayshore and then go out to lunch and shop all day! It could happen, right?!

9. Red wine has been severely missed in my life. I was on a big red wine "kick" right before I got pregnant and I think that has a lot to do with why I have been craving it so much. Sometimes, I open the bottle just to sniff it and my mouth starts to water. It's serious.

So those are my big plans for after this little man is born. Of course, these are my big "me plans" - I have lots of plans for Davis and our new little family, but I really want to remain my own person and not just Davis' mommy. I think it's really important. Possibly by using this inspiration board of "me plans" I'll be able to do that! I truly believe it will make for a much happier mommy, baby, and marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment