Monday, February 6, 2012

Cleaning = My New Hobby


Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a cleaner. I like things to be in their place, but spic-and-span....not so much. Of course, I had heard that "nesting" often strikes in late pregnancy and women get this crazy urge to clean, organize, reclean, and then reorganize. I NEVER thought this would be me. Boy was I wrong...

Nesting - especially the cleaning part - is officially a hobby of mine. I literally wake up in the morning and think "What do I get to clean today?!" To be sure that I don't over-exert myself, I created a cleaning schedule. Although I'm often not satisfied with just those tasks and find myself dusting and vacuuming much more than scheduled. I also clean out the filter thing on the vacuum cleaner after every room because I'm an instant gratification type person and like to see my hard work paying off! (I have a problem - I realize this!) 

Also, I feel like I may be addicted to cleaning supplies. I seriously spent 45 minutes at Target the other day picking out a mop. I was testing them all out, searching on my phone which ones had the best reviews (who does that?!), changing my mind at check-out and starting over. When I'm shopping, I gravitate toward the cleaning aisle and have to resist the urge to buy tons of supplies - not to mention I've been making my own cleaners to be "chemical free" - especially in areas where baby Davis will be crawling around in the future. 

Here are some of my favorite "tools": 

Pet brush & de-shedder - you would not believe how much hair these take off. I brush the animals everyday and de-shed on Sundays. I get giddy seeing how much hair I'm keeping from floating around my house or sticking to my clothes!

MICROFIBER! Why have I just figured out how amazing microfiber is for attracting and holding dust?! I use these rags almost daily. The little "wand" is great for dusting blinds and I use the sponge to pick up pet hair from upholstered furniture.
Purple rubber gloves - great for all-purpose cleaning, buuuuutttt, I use the spray bottle to keep them damp and it also works wonders at removing pet hair from furniture. Can you tell I hate pet hair everywhere?!

And here is the mop. It's called the "Moon Mop" and is fabulous for getting those hard to reach places like corners, under cabinets, and behind toilets. The bottom has scrubbers and...microfiber (!) for picking up any dust left-over after sweeping.


Anyone else have fun nesting stories? Or perhaps cleaning tips/techniques?!











No comments:

Post a Comment