Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nursery Pics

25. That's how many days we have left until little Davis' due date! Of course, I realize that he could be 1 of 2 things: 1) impatient and come early or 2) stubborn and come late. (I'm secretly hoping for #1 - don't judge me!) In just 4 days, he will be 37 weeks, which is considered full-term and that is sooo exciting for us!

Anyway, with the due date fast approaching, I'm happy to say that the nursery is almost done! We have a few last minute things to do, art work to hang, etc., but it's definitely ready enough to accommodate a baby! Here are the long awaited pics:

 Entering the nursery - my very talented sister-in-law, Melinda, created this adorable door sign!
Letters on the plant shelf with jacks bookends.

Armoire - thanks to my mom for spray painting the bicycle yellow, since I've been banned from spray painting!

Dresser and changing table...I made the little signs because I'm too cheap to pay someone on etsy to do it for $15-20 a piece. "You are my sunshine" seems to be a popular theme these days, so I went with a little Bob Marley instead. Also, to honor our "baby divided", I made the Chomp/Chop sign. 

*Side note: My 3 year old niece insists that the baby's name is Jiminy Cricket and literally cried when she was told the baby might have a different name. On display is one of Davis' Christmas presents from Ansley - his very own Jiminy Cricket - and she has a matching one! :)

Here's the corner with all my mom's hard work on display. This glider has been at my parents house forever, but was a strange light wood color, so to match the room, my mom painted it and (again) my amazingly talented sister-in-law is in the process of recovering the cushions with seersucker fabric. I LOVE seersucker! Also, my mom painted that sailboat picture!


Bookshelf and toy storage - it's a little cramped over there, but oh well...

So that's the nursery so far! Hopefully the next pictures I take of the nursery will have Davis in them! :)





3 comments:

  1. So cute. Love the sail boat theme! Good job on the art work above the changing dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! But the pics are so small I can't see the details! :)

    ReplyDelete