Thursday, February 16, 2012

"YOU'RE going to be a mother?!"

Ok, so I know I'm guilty of judging others at one time in my life or another. I can't lie - I can distinctly remember numerous times in college, looking at someone at the bar or a tailgate and thinking "You're going to be a brain surgeon?" or "You're going to teach our youth one day?" or "You're going to be a lawyer?" I know, it's terrible but it's true. So today, as I am one day closer to being a mother, I couldn't help but think back on my past and I am now certain that someone has looked at me and thought "You're going to be a mother?!?!"

Feeling nostalgic, I went browsing through all 1,247,992 pictures on my facebook profile. Again, I'm not going to lie, I was laughing out loud - literally. Reminiscing on those crazy times was soooo much fun! Those four (ish) years were some of the best times of my life - with some of my very best friends! However, here are some classic shots that I sure hope little Davis never sees...or hears about.

Of course, there are so many more, but seriously...that girl is going to be a mother in about 2 1/2 weeks! Now, we know it takes two to tango and Davis also has a daddy that will help raise him, so there's hope, right??

Nope. But it takes a village to raise a child, right?? That's the reason we choose godparents - to be an integral part of the child's life...a positive influence...a "parent" the child can turn to if ever he feels he can't go to his actual parents...
Here are those fine specimens we so thoughtfully hand-selected. Mike and Tia. Gotta love them. At least Davis will be guaranteed to be taught some sweet dance moves!

This, of course, is all just in good fun. I do feel confident that Andrew and I will turn out to be good parents - we'll have no choice but to be hypocrites, but we'll be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment