Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY: Maternity Pics

Let me preface this post by saying that I have nothing but love (and a little bit of jealousy) for professional photographers. That being said, trying to beautifully capture every moment in life that I would like to - professionally - would literally put me in the poor house. So I have learned that I have to cut corners somewhere...

When this belly of mine really started to make its way into the world, I considered having professional maternity pictures taken. I still would have loved to have them done! However, Andrew was somewhat my "voice of reason" - saying things like "What are you going to do with those pictures - give them out to people? Only your mom will want them," and "Even if you hang them up for a while, they'll be quickly replaced by pictures of the actual baby." When I started thinking about it - he was right, but I still wanted to capture this special time in my life - and new body shape! So I decided that we should DIY them and hire a professional for our newborn pictures!

Here are a few shots to show you what we spent our Sunday afternoon doing! They are by no means "up to par" with what a professional photographer could do, but we now have something to keep forever and it was fun! More will be coming in our Maternity Session - Part 2 - after I buy a tripod and we will be changing locations...our backyard just doesn't cut it! :)



And of course the pups wanted to get in on the action!

Bear
Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment