Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ready When You Are...

I am sooo ready to have this baby. Well, let me clarify - I'm ready to be done having him and have a little bundle of cuteness in my arms. I'm not looking forward to actually going through the birth process. I guess I really have no choice though. Here I am, 9 days away and having none of the usual pre-labor signs (at least nothing consistent). Apparently Davis has really set-up-shop in my uterus and rather likes it. Maybe patience is a characteristic he has - one that his mother is obviously lacking. Don't get me wrong, I am super grateful that I have a healthy baby boy growing in there and I know that every day that he "bakes", the better. I would much rather be in my "Ready when you are..." situation than a "Ready or not, here I come!" one.

Besides being impatient, I do have another reason for wanting him to start heading south sooner rather than later. And that reason is....Andrew was an 11 lbs baby! Yes, you read that correctly - 11 LBS! I was over 8 lbs, so I was no baby swimsuit model either. Everyday he's in here, the bigger he gets! Just for "fun", I googled things that weigh about 11 lbs. Here they are for your enjoyment:

- 11 cans of beans
- a gallon and a half of milk
- the average full-grown housecat
- a 6ft. aluminum step ladder
- a large bag of potatoes
- 2 2-liter bottles of soda
- 4 boxes of wine (mmm...wine...)
- 4 2-slice toasters
- 4 human brains
- 5 1/2 pineapples

Can you imagine carrying any of those around and then birthing it!? God bless his mother.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Nathan was a big baby too, but I was small. I've heard horror stories about the Nitz baby boys being HUGE! They certainly have some dominate large genes! Good luck with the waiting AND birthing process...both are probably no fun but I'm sure it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete